PTE Home A1

PTE Home A1 is a beginner-level English test for speaking and listening. It is accepted by the UK Home Office as proof of language proficiency for several family and work visas. PTE Home A1 is a pass–fail test that measures an individual’s ability at CEFR Level A1. Visas that accept PTE Home A1 include: Spouse/Partner visa Parent of a dependent Representative of an overseas business Tier 2 Sportsperson visa


PTE Home A2

Some visas require proof of English language improvement in order to qualify for an extension. You must fulfill certain criteria including profiency of English at CEFR level A2 in order to extend spouse/partner and parent of a dependent visas after 2.5 years


PTE Home B1

If you are looking to settle in the UK permanently you will need to prove that your English language is at CEFR level B1. The PTE Home B1 test is approved by UK Visas and Immigration for both settlement (indefinite leave to remain) and citizenship applications.


PTE Academic

PTE Academic is the first entirely computer-based English language test for international study and immigration that is accepted across the world. Powered by AI technology, PTE Academic provides a fast and convenient testing solution without human bias. The test assesses the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. It lasts approximately 3 hours and provides a score based on the GSE (Global Scale of English). Find out more about GSE. PTE Academic scores are accepted by thousands of institutions and approved for all UK, Australian and New Zealand visa and immigration categories. Test sessions can be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance, 365 days a year.


PTE Academic UKVI

PTE Academic UKVI is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) that is approved by the UK Home Office for all UK visas that require a 4 skill language test. It is a fast, fair and convenient choice for anyone who wishes to work, study or come to live in the UK. There is no difference between PTE Academic and PTE Academic UKVI in terms of test content and format. Instead, there are minor differences in the registration process to comply with UK Home Office requirements. Study visas You should choose PTE Academic UKVI if: You are applying for a Student route visa (formerly known as the Tier 4 General student visa) and you are planning to study below degree level (e.g. a Foundation or Pathways course or professional English course). You wish to study at degree level or above at somewhere that is not a Higher Education Institution (HEI) You may take PTE Academic instead if: You are applying for a Student route visa (formerly known as the Tier 4 General student visa) and are planning to study at degree level or above. Please check with your Higher Education Institution (HEI) to confirm their specific English requirements. Work visas You should choose PTE Academic UKVI if you are applying for the following Work visas: Start-up visa Innovator visa Skilled worker visa (formerly known as the Tier 2 General work visa) Minister of religion visa (Tier 2)